Last updated: 2023/7/21
1. General terms
- 3) If any dispute arises between a user and any other user or between a user and a third party in relation to our services, we shall assume no responsibility.
2. Data usage and copyright information
- 2) Data from human subjects should be used in compliance with all applicable guidelines and regulations.
- 1) You shall use data and services provided by us at your own responsibility.
- 2) We make no warranty in regard to accuracy, availability, or completeness of data and services that we provide.
- 4) Data that we provide may subject to rights of a third party, such as intellectual property rights. You shall use such data at your own responsibility, and in the case you infringes third party rights, you shall resolve such dispute at your own responsibility.
- 5) Since our databases are designed to encourage data reuse, you should not submit data if you want to put restrictions and claim your intellectual property rights on their reuse. We shall assume no responsibility if any dispute arises regarding your submitted data between you and any other user.
4.1. Collection of personal information
We may collect the following personal information:
- 1) Information of user: We collect user’s information, such as name, email address, phone number, and organization, when the user applies for user account or submit data.
- 2) Access information to website: When a user accesses our websites, we automatically collect access information such as following:
- IP address, domain name, and location
- date and time
- pages and files that were accessed
- words used in search engines to search our websites
- URL of the website you visited prior to ours
- cookie information
- types and versions of the web browser and operating system
4.2. Usage of personal information
We will use collected personal information for purposes such as follows:
- 1) Information of user
- to create and manage an account
- to contact user in regard to user’s inquiries, submitted data, our services
- to notify any important matters
- to give invitations for our events
- 2) Access information to website
- to obtain anonymous usage statistics of our websites
- to monitoring of our websites and to improve them
4.4. Preservation period of personal Information
We will preserve personal information as long as necessary to provide our services only.
5. Notice to data submitter
5.1. Processing of submitted data
To maintain quality and improving usability of the submitted data, we may correct obvious errors and inconsistencies, convert format, and modify necessary information to the data.
5.2. Duties of submitter
Data must not be submitted without obtaining the permission of the principal investigator. When submitting data derived from human subjects, submitter must ensure that the data does not compromise the subjects’ privacy and comply with all applicable guidelines and regulations.
5.3. Data release
When the release date that the submitter specified arrives, the submitted data will be open to the public without making any further confirmation to the submitter. BioProject information, however, may be open prior to the release date in order to provide users with minimal information on the submitted data in advance.
6. Acknowledgment for services and data use
When you are using contents, services and data provided in our websites, we encourages that you give appropriate acknowledgment to us and the data submitter. When citing our websites, please cite the relevant latest article. When citing individual data, please cite the accession number of the data and the article reporting the data.